Monday, July 29, 2013

Last Week In North Carolina!! (Week 5)

Wow this week has been absolutely crazy!! I have so much to talk about!


Sister Tanner's birthday was on Monday and Elder McKee's on Friday
Last Tuesday we had Zone Conference, and while Sister Craven was discussing the Dress Standards, President Craven tapped me and asked if he could meet with me for a minute. When we went into a room he told me that he had received my visa!! I honestly didn't know if I was happy or sad in that moment. I was definitely happy because I am so excited to get to France, but I don't want to leave Greensboro!! I just love it here! Luckily I got the best of both worlds. He told me that I was scheduled to leave on August 5th. (And August 3rd we are having THREE baptisms.) So I get to be here when the rest of our investigators get baptized! I just can't believe how perfectly this has all worked out for me!
 
We have had a lot of ups and downs this week. One of our investigators, Devon was having a serious problem with the Word of Wisdom. He got super irritated with us and told us he didn't want to meet with us anymore. The rest of that day we were so heart broken and we had no idea what to do. All we could do was pray and trust that Heavenly Father knew what was best! The next day we were visiting one of our new investigators, Roland. And as we were leaving we saw Devon walking by and drove up to him. He told us that he didn't call us because he thought we were mad at him and he told us that we could come back the next day! I think he realized how much of a difference we've made in his life once we weren't in it anymore. Even though it was only about 24 hours of separation, it was enough for him to have a change of heart! Now more than ever he's fully committed to baptism!! His baptism is August 3rd and I CAN'T WAIT. I know we're all going to be sobbing, so hopefully we aren't too embarrassing--since he invited his friends and family to all come to his baptism!

There are just too many miracles I've seen this week to write about all of them!! So on Saturday morning we went and visited with the Waldos. As I was stepping off the front porch I somehow lost my balance and twisted my ankle. I thought that it was ok and that it was just a temporary pain, so I walked around on it all day. By the time we were meeting with Devon that night I couldn't put any weight on it whatsoever. And when we got back to the apartment my foot ached without even moving it! Luckily we have the best Elders in the world in this area. Our zone leader and his companion came over and gave me a Priesthood blessing and our district leader came over and brought his crutches to us so I wouldn't have to move out of my bed. (This is a big deal because they are all out of miles and they probably added like 15 miles each to their odometers...they are just so great!) The next day my foot felt SO much better. But Sister Craven advised that I use crutches for the time being. It was highly embarrassing because whenever anyone asked me what was wrong with my foot I'd have to tell them "Oh I fell off a porch..." haha. I was so tempted to tell them that I was fighting off someone who was attacking my companions, but honestly who would believe that one!? Today my foot feels A MILLION times better! I don't even have to use crutches anymore! My foot doesn't even hurt. I'm just taking precautions so it doesn't get worse. I have SUCH a testimony of Priesthood blessings. I know for a fact that my foot wouldn't have healed this fast normally. I don't think I've ever been in so much pain as I was on Saturday night. And by Sunday night my foot felt almost completely healed. Miracles really do happen still!!!
 
Another miracle! Xavier Waldo just lost his job because he had been missing too much work because his newborn baby girl is having medical problems. Today at church Brother Lundrigan (who told us this story later at dinner that night), as he was talking to Xavier about the Aaronic Priesthood promised him blessings for the decisions he had been making to follow Christ. Right after they finished talking a man in the ward approached Xavier and told him that where he was working was hiring and that he met the qualifications very well. WHAT A BLESSING. When I heard this it was so hard for me not to cry! The Lord is so merciful to his children! I'm just so happy for the Waldos, they are such amazing people and they truly deserve the best!
 
I can't even describe how amazing my time in North Carolina has been and I know there are lessons I needed to learn here and so much faith I needed to build! My testimony has grown ten fold and it only keeps growing as my mission goes on! There is nothing better that I could be doing right now than to be sharing the message of the gospel with the people here in Greensboro! I have grown to love the people here so much, and the happiest I have ever been is being able to see how much joy the gospel is bringing to their lives. I love you all so much back home, thank you SOOO much for all the letters! I feel so loved! I'm sorry I don't have much time to respond, but just know how happy it makes me to get your letters! Keep 'em coming! :)

Beacoup d'amour!

Sister Everett






No comments:

Post a Comment