Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Time in Carcassonne

I can't believe it's already Christmas!! Crazy how time flies. You know, exactly one year from now I will be home. I have mixed feelings about it.. But I have to have the most amazing Christmas every while I'm here on my mission!!

I have a TON to tell you all, as usual. I'll do my best to fit in the most important - and I can tell you the rest on skype in 2 days!! Whoohooo!

Where to start!?

I don't remember if I've ever said anything about Myriam, but I'm going to now! Briefly, she started talking to me while we were in line for the post office a couple weeks ago when I was sending your package. She probably heard my American accent because she asked me if I spoke English. I said yes!! She told me that she was looking for someone to come and speak to her kids in English so that they could learn it from a real native speaker rather than just at school. She told me that she wanted someone who could be a stable job and that she could pay.. I told her that we couldn't be paid but that we would love to do it for free! She seemed hesitant about it but I gave her my number anyway and she said she would think about it. So Tuesday night we get a phone call from a random number... IT'S MYRIAM. She told us that she would love if we could just come over and help her son with his English homework. We of course agreed! She was so grateful for our help and told us that she would love to have us over often to help him! YAY!!! There family is adorable - and the way their house is decorated looks EXACTLY like ours. Its a little scary. They're going to join the church someday for sure. :)

Zone Conference!!! Oh my heck it was so fun and so uplifting. President is such an amazing speaker - he knows how to make the entire room laugh and cry. It's astounding. I love how much he uses the scriptures when he talks to us - he's such a good example for how we should be teaching as well. So their son-in-law was there to speak to all of us (he's a talented speaker as well) and he came up to me afterward and called me by name without looking at my plaque. He said that he tried so hard the night before to memorize missionaries names but had a really hard time remembering them all, but he told me that I was the easiest to remember. Haha! After the conference we packed up all of our packages and prepared to make the 30 minute trek to the gare. When we got to the door we realized it was POURING RAIN. So all of us missionaries walk 30 minutes in the pouring rain with ALL of our packages. That was a great memory haha.

Reunion of the September arrivals (with Pres. Roney photo bomb...)

JEAN PHILLIPE!!! I can't even begin to describe my feelings on Saturday at his baptism. I thought I was going to explode from joy. The service went flawlessly and the Spirit was so strong. Our DMP, Frère Vital was the one to baptize him and when he heard the news that he got to baptize him he told us that this was the best news he had heard all year and that this is the best Christmas present. :) I love Frère Vital!!!!! He gave a talk on the Holy Ghost right after Jean Phillipe was baptized and he started crying (I've never seen him cry my entire time here). He said that when Jean Phillipe got out of the water he told Frère Vital "I want to do what the soeurs are doing. I want to be a missionary too." When I heard this I couldn't help but cry. I wish you all could have heard Jean Phillipe's testimony afterwards. Everything on the mission is worth it when you get to teach someone as changed and converted to the gospel as Jean Phillipe. Soon enough he'll be a missionary too - what could be better!?

Baptism of Jean-Phillipe by Frere Vital
Soeur Reichelt, Jean-Phillipe et Soeur Everett
This is the biggest miracle of the entire week. Last night at about 9 we get a call from Christian. (Remember Christian? The eternal ami of 8 years who comes to church every Sunday, who was going to get baptized a couple transfers ago but dropped us the day before his baptism?) Well he called last night!!!! He laughed a little when I answered and then he said "Are you sitting down?" I said "Yes... what's up?" Then he said "I want to get baptized." WHAT. At first I thought he was just joking around but then he told us that while he was sitting in church he had a strong spiritual confirmation that he needed to get baptized. So we set a date for January 11th!!!! I'



M STOKED!!!!!

Well there are about a million other things that happened, buts its impossible to write it all down in so short time!!! I love you all so much!! I am so excited to skype you!!

JOYEUX NOEL!!!!

Soeur Everett

The mission watch
P.S. I've been thinking a lot about Mary the past few weeks since its almost time for Christmas. This morning I was reading the first 2 chapters of Luke to get in the Christmas spirit and one verse really stuck out to me. Luke 2:19. Mary was so magnificent yet so humble. She was the mother of the Savior but she kept all of her spiritual experiences so close to her. We should follow Mary's example and ponder a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment