Monday, January 19, 2015

"Any questions, comments, concerns, queries, and/or other etcetera?" - Sr. Staples (Week 53)

RAPHAEL GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! He's so cool. Soooooo cool. I guess I'll go ahead and start out talking about him! Its been a crazy great week here. The interviews went really well and when he got out Elder Burton told me how impressed he was by Raphael and that he knew he was going to be a great addition to the ward here. I couldn't agree more.


Me being excited before Raphael's baptism
This week we taught Raphael with Kiwa about temples and family history. During the lesson Raphael told us how not very long before he met the missionaries he had received a revelation from God that he needed to do his family history. And then (believe it or not) - also note that we told NO ONE about him telling this to us - on Sunday he got a calling to be a family history consultant WHATTTTT??. So inspired. Miracles are real. The church is true.


Raphael got baptized!!!
I have never seen Raphael more happy than the past couple of days. He was absolutely radiating. After church he said "So do I still get to meet with you guys?" I was like "OF COURSE Raphael!!!!!" The poor thing thought that once he was a member he didn't get missionaries to visit him anymore. Ugh he's so great. I feel so blessed that I was able to teach him!!!! He is going to be a strong member and such a blessing to this ward for his entire life.

In other news...SANDRA PASSED HER INTERVIEW AND IS GETTING BAPTIZED THIS SATURDAY!!!! Whoohoooooooo baptisms are the best. I absolutely adore Sandra. She inspires me so incredibly much. I want to be as strong as her someday. She has had a lotttttt of trials in her life and she doesn't let anyone know it. She isn't hardened by anything. She is so good at turning out. SHE QUIT SMOKING!!! So after church on Sunday she comes up to me and grabs me and says "Soeur Everett. Last night I smoked all night long....... in my dreams." hahahaha I like had a heart attack and she thought it was the most hilarious thing ever. We are like best friends. She is wonderful. (I really hope I stay here, I can't imagine leaving her.) 


Cannes
Elder Burton interviewed her as well. (He and his wife are the couple missionary in our area.) He was equally impressed with her. He made me cry as he told me about his interview with her. He said that Sandra told her she hasn't been the same person since the sisters started teaching her. He told me that she really loves how I take care of her and then Elder Burton told me there was no way I could leave because he thinks Sandra needs me to help her in her beginning stages of being a new convert. We'll see I guess!
We've had so many cool miracles this week but I'll just share one!


Antibes
We've been going through an enormous stack of old amis and trying to either pass their houses or call them. One that Soeur Staples had called ended up calling us back on day during lunch. We started talking to him and he said that he would love for us to come over and asked if we could go right then! YES OF COURSE. We had no clue where we were going but we took and bus and basically prayed we'd be able to find it haha. We never got lost, no worries. We got there and he was alone in the house so we couldn't go in but he told us his story. Apparently he had been coming to church for years (he even calls himself a Mormon) and then he got paralyzed and couldn't come anymore. I guess maybe people forgot about him??? Its sad.... But he told us that he really wants to start coming again! When we told the ward about him in ward council they totally remembered him!!!!!! He's extremely cool and he is ready to be baptized. We're gonna start working with him this week. :)

On exchange with Soeur Kayla Skalka from Logan

Sorry I've had a ton to do during these emails so I didn't get to spend as much time on this as I would've wanted to. BUT here's my spiritual thought.
This week I've been Roney Pattern-ing "delightification" (a word invented by Soeur Roney). Basically I've been studying how to be happy. I've come across some really cool talks and really cool scriptures. 

First of all 4 Nephi 1:2-17 (sorry no time for commentary!)

2 And it came to pass in the thirty and sixth year, the people were all converted unto the Lord, upon all the face of the land, both Nephites and Lamanites, and there were no contentions and disputations among them, and every man did deal justly one with another.
3 And they had all things common among them; therefore there were not rich and poor, bond and free, but they were all made free, and partakers of the heavenly gift.
4 And it came to pass that the thirty and seventh year passed away also, and there still continued to be peace in the land.

In Monaco on exchange with Sisters from Nice.
5 And there were great and marvelous works wrought by the disciples of Jesus, insomuch that they did heal the sick, and raise the dead, and cause the lame to walk, and the blind to receive their sight, and the deaf to hear; and all manner of miracles did they work among the children of men; and in nothing did they work miracles save it were in the name of Jesus.
6 And thus did the thirty and eighth year pass away, and also the thirty and ninth, and forty and first, and the forty and second, yea, even until forty and nine years had passed away, and also the fifty and first, and the fifty and second; yea, and even until fifty andnine years had passed away.
7 And the Lord did prosper them exceedingly in the land; yea, insomuch that they did build cities again where there had been cities burned.
8 Yea, even that great city Zarahemla did they cause to be built again.
9 But there were many cities which had been sunk, and waters came up in the stead thereof; therefore these cities could not be renewed.
10 And now, behold, it came to pass that the people of Nephi did wax strong, and did multiply exceedingly fast, and became an exceedingly fair and delightsome people.
11 And they were married, and given in marriage, and were blessed according to the multitude of the promises which the Lord had made unto them.
12 And they did not walk any more after the performances and ordinances of the law of Moses; but they did walk after the commandments which they had received from their Lord and their God, continuing in fasting and prayer, and in meeting together oft both to pray and to hear the word of the Lord.
13 And it came to pass that there was no contention among all the people, in all the land; but there were mighty miracles wrought among the disciples of Jesus.
14 And it came to pass that the seventy and first year passed away, and also the seventy and second year, yea, and in fine, till the seventy and ninth year had passed away; yea, even an hundred years had passed away, and the disciples of Jesus, whom he had chosen, had all gone to the paradise of God, save it were the three who should tarry; and there were other disciples ordained in their stead; and also many of that generation had passed away.
15 And it came to pass that there was no contention in the land, because of the love of God which did dwell in the hearts of the people.
16 And there were no envyings, nor strifes, nor tumults, nor whoredoms, nor lyings, nor murders, nor any manner of lasciviousness; and surely there could not be a happier people among all the people who had been created by the hand of God.
17 There were no robbers, nor murderers, neither were there Lamanites, nor any manner of -ites; but they were in one, the children of Christ, and heirs to the kingdom of God.
Second of all:


I love youuu!

Soeur Ev
I found Froot Loops with Marshmallows (aka "Loopy Charms")

No comments:

Post a Comment