Monday, April 20, 2015

"Prison." - Train Controller (Week 66)

BEFORE ANYTHING GUESS WHAT!!!! ELIZABETE AND LEONY GOT BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Soeur Skalka sent me this email:

"ELIZABETE AND LEONY GOT BAPTIZED! MY HEART JUST MELTED! I love you and miss you my precious companion!"

To which I replied:

"IM SO HAPPY TOO!!! #MIRACLETRANSFERLIVESON"

What an amazing transfer... and look at what happened even after we weren't together anymore! So blessed.
Tartalette aux Framboises - Best thing I've ever tasted

Anyway back to the caption. So on Wednesday we had to get up at 530 am (ugghh) so we could to go District meeting all the way up in Albi! (It was gorgeous by the way - look at some of the pictures.) I forgot my Carte de Jeune which is basically a paper that allows us to get train tickets for cheaper. When the train controllers come to check our tickets they ask to see the Carte de Jeune. Guys there is like a huge fee they give you for not having it. When we got controlled on the way to Albi is when I realized that I didn't have my Carte de Jeune and I like had a panic attack haha. The guy kind of laughed and said it wasn't a big deal. On the way home I already knew I didn't have it with me... When the controller came by I tried my best to sound distressed and said "I'm so sorry I forgot my Carte de Jeune... I promise I have one! What do I do?" to which he replied "Prison." He didn't even say anything after that! He just walked away! The zone leaders died laughing.

Kebab..... Soeur Christensen convinced me. It was gross haha
We had a really cool miracle the other day. Well to start off I should tell you that I had something happen to my left heel randomly and on Thursday it was KILLING me. Everytime I took a step it sent a pain through my leg. So that wasn't fun... But whats even less fun is not working hard so we went porting. We spent like an hour and a half in a certain neighborhood and we had a few people answer our questionnaire and some good convos and some people say to come back but there wasn't anything amazing. BUT. When we had about 15 minutes before our bus we went to one last house. The lady answered and said she was really busy. We told her it was about the family and she said: "If its about how the family is sacred come in!" She let us in!!!!!!!!!!! We got in and saw her two children. One has downs syndrome. We asked her why the family was important to her and the conversation just flowed. It wasn't even a questionnaire anymore. She opened up about having problems with her husband because of their handicapped child (how he didn't want to deal with that) and she started crying. She told us she didn't have any of her family near her (they all live in a different country...can't remember where) and I think she might be really lonely. It was one of those moments when we felt like angels. I looked at my watch and realized we had like 4 minutes until our bus was gonna come so we hurried and set a return appointment and starting BOOKING IT to our bus. My heel starting yelling at me so we had to stop and we ended up missing the bus. :( But here's another miracle.
Awkward district picture


Albi!!!
We had a RDV in about 30 minutes which was all the way on the other side of Montauban. There wasn't another bus for about an hour and it would've taken about an hour and a half to walk there. We decided we better start walking and make progress rather than just sitting there helpless. We started calling some people. No one answered. Then we got a call from Soeur Van Tonder. She just so happened to be out and driving and said she could come and get us in 10 minutes!!!!! She picked us up and we got to the RDV in time! (Soeur Van Tonder is incredible. She would do anything for us.)

Speaking of the Van Tonders, Frère Van Tonder got us a referral - well actually its a family! We are now teaching the Slepciks and the husband came to church on Sunday! We're hoping something will click and that they will want to be baptized!


Took this of the ZL's right after I got controlled...

Here's another cool miracle. After English Class on Thursday we were walking home and we run into this guy named Paul that we had taught a street lesson to the other day! We said hi to him and he introduced us to his friend that was sitting by him. We started just talking about normal missionary stuff and eventually we fixed a RDV with his friend for the next day. He showed up like 30 minutes early haha but we were there so it worked out! We were able to talk about the Book of Mormon and when we gave it to him he said merci like 8 times, he was so grateful! He told us that recently he hasn't been feeling happy and that he is really looking for the right path in his life and that he thinks he might find it here! (I know he'll find it here.)


At Soeur Fayol's house! So cute huh?

Bahaha ok so today we went to Toulouse for zone p-day. On the way home we basically had to run through every single metro to get to our train in time because we underestimated how much time we really needed...oops. Anyway, so we while we were waiting for a metro to come this man starts talking to us in English. At first we thought he was normal but then quickly realized that wasn't the case.... He started saying how he was a missionary too and then right before we got on the metro he grabbed my hand and kissed it and said "I'm so proud of you." ....so weird



I FOUND RAPUNZEL'S TOWER!!!!
I am like totally out of time!!! I have less time today because we're actually about to go on a hike with Soeur Fayol!! (SO EXCITED EEEE!!!)

I wanted to just quickly talk about McKay. When I saw that we had a missed call from President this was not the news I was expecting. My first reaction was shock and grief - its interesting how you can love someone so much when he can't even talk to you. Ever since I was a little girl I have memories of McKay. He always brought a special feeling of love to everyone he was around. We were blessed to be with someone who was perfect even if it was only for 14 years. I will miss him but like Will said in his email, he is finally at peace now. Here is one of my favorite quotes from Elder Holland:

Zone Basketball

"I testify of the holy Resurrection, that unspeakable cornerstone gift in the Atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ! With the Apostle Paul, I testify that that which was sown in corruption will one day be raised in incorruption and that which was sown in weakness will ultimately be raised in power.  I bear witness of that day when loved ones whom we knew to have disabilities in mortality will stand before us glorified and grand, breathtakingly perfect in body and mind. What a thrilling moment that will be! I do not know whether we will be happier for ourselves that we have witnessed such a miracle or happier for them that they are fully perfect and finally “free at last.”

Love you! Have a wonderful week!

Soeur Everett

No comments:

Post a Comment