Saturday, September 28, 2013

BLUE FIRE

Oh my HECK I have never been more in love with Carcassonne!!! I have a feeling that this is going to be an extremely miraculous transfer. Soeur Richarson and I have decided to really focus on obedience and diligence, and I know that as we try our hardest to put in our effort, the Lord will make up the rest and bless us with success!!

Alright I can't wait any longer to write the most amazing miracle so that will be first and then I'll write about Soeur Richardson after. :)

Christian is an infinite ami that started meeting with the missionaries 8 years ago and has been faithfully coming to church ever since - however he has always refused to get baptized. He has received all the lessons and knows the church is true, but I think he takes pride in knowing that he is "different" from everyone else in the ward. Last Sunday I went up to him and just started talking to him, eventually he said, "You and your companion should come over and meet with me sometime this week." UHM....OK!!!! Christian hasn't let missionaries come and talk to him for years because he doesn't like how everyone pushes him towards baptism. When we went over on Tuesday, one of the very first things he says is "I've been thinking about baptism." (with no prompting from us) "How about 2033?" We laugh kind of nervously and then he said, "Just kidding, I'm ready for October." After EIGHT YEARS of investigating the church, Christian is finally going to be baptized!!!! And the most amazing thing is that we didn't do ANY pushing! I'm so excited for him!!

Amazing miracle, huh? I couldn't wait to share it. Now I'll talk about my WONDERFUL companion!!! I can tell we are going to do soo well together!! I can't wait to see what the transfer has in store for us!! So here's a little summary of Soeur Richardson. She is from Kaysville, Utah. She plays the piano beautifully (thank heavens because playing the piano in Sacrament Meeting gave me a LOT of anxiety). She also sings alto so we harmonize when we sing hyms - its really fun. :) She is SO kind to me!! She always makes sure to compliment me on things I do well - speaking of which she thinks I'm really good at cooking (I know you are all shocked to hear this). She is also REALLY talented at speaking French. She gave a talk on Sunday and it was SO GOOD. She is so so sooo wonderful. I'M SO LUCKY. Also, I love that she has faith in my high goals - I like to have seemingly impossible goals and let God help us fulfill them. :) Well there are many other things I love about Soeur Richardson, but you'll just have to hear about them as time goes on. :)


Soeurs Richardson et Everett

I want to talk a little bit about BLUE'S CONFERENCE. We got to go to Lyon last weekend for this and it was SO GOOD. I feel inspired to work so hard this transfer because I know that it's possible!!! And I know that the assistants like to call this excitement that I have "blue fire," but I can assure you its NEVER GOING AWAY. I will have "blue fire" my ENTIRE MISSION. It was also really fun to be in Lyon because I got to see my Mom. :) She is a SISTER TRAINING LEADER, I'm so proud of her. :') One of the office elders told me that she put up a fight about which sisters stayed in her apartment the night before blue's conference. He was really confused why it mattered so much who stayed with her, then he looked at the list of sisters, rolled his eyes, and said "Ohhhh I get it. Fine. You can have the Carcassonne sisters." YES. Thank you Soeur Vidal. :)

I read an amazing talk by Elder Holland this week called "Lord, I Believe." While I was reading it, I found my mission motto: "All things are possible to them that believe." I know it sounds cliché, but it's TRUE and I love it!! Keep praying for me and the people in Carcassonne! We need all the prayers we can get so we can keep seeing miracles!!

I love you all so much!!

Soeur Everett

-The scripture for this week is 3 Nephi 15:21-22 - I have found a lot how important it is to people with a Christian background who already believe in the Bible to find that the Book of Mormon really does COMPLIMENT the Bible, it doesn't replace it!! I love these scriptures because it is a wonderful example of how the Book of Mormon is used to clarify passages in the Bible that could be interpreted so many different ways. My testimony of the Book of Mormon has grown so much on my mission, I have never loved the Book of Mormon more in my life than I do now, and I love that I have this opportunity to share it!! If you don't read the Book of Mormon every day, DO IT. It will bless your life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment