Monday, January 20, 2014

Mosiah 21:15

I think this week I'm going to mostly focus on my thoughts. I wouldn't say that this week was bad. We saw so many miracles and touched a lot of people, and I never feel like a failure, but missions aren't easy and I don't think they were ever meant to be.

Another sunset in Carcassonne
I feel like my whole mission it's been easy for me to find success. I'm not saying that we haven't seen miracles this week, because we have, its just been harder than I'm used to. Our recent convert Jean Phillipe took a complete 180 from wanting to serve a mission to being completely against the church. I know that God is looking out for him, but its hard for me right now to see everything happen. I really care a lot about him so its hard for me to see him use his agency like he is.

Our district leader made a pinata with his face on it...

I'm really lucky to be with Soeur Reichelt - she is absolutely incredible. She has SUCH a desire to work hard and I've really loved how hard we've worked this transfer! There is really no better way to be happy than to WORK. I really don't know what I would have done this transfer without her. She has taught me so much and I've progressed a lot as a person because of her. I really am so blessed to be learning all that I am because of her. I wish you all knew her like I do. (It's amazing how much the Lord has blessed me with the companions I've had!!)


Perpignan



I know everything is going to be fine, I've been blessed with amazing people here who love me and during this transfer I've really felt the power of the Atonement in my life - its really carried me through a lot. In a way I'm glad I have these experiences because I'm learning so much about the love of God. Our bishop here has really helped me, I will always be grateful for the genuine love he has for us. He is one of the most Christlike people I have ever met. He has cried with me and he has taken such careful care of this ward who needs him so much even when they may not realize it or appreciate all he does. I admire him.

Frere Vital gives us gifts literally every week

Anyway, enough with the rambling! Thanks for reading my problems haha. I really am doing alright, I promise!! Definitely not losing hope, but I think I'm ready for the transfer change. And I'm anxious to see what the Lord has in store from me!

HEY!!! Here's a great thing! We got a member referral from Colette (she's amazing, I love her so much), they are a GERMAN family!! We are going to go over to her house this week with them, cook a dinner and then teach a lesson. I'm stoked. :)

Also dad - what you said about the spirit of Elijah is real!! The other day we got this call from a random number who asked us if we were the church who did family history. We asked him if he wanted help with his geneology work and he said "yes, how about tomorrow??" It's so cool how people who may have never otherwise come to church get to come and feel the spirit there as they search for their ancestors. Super cool miracle.

Contemplating the weightier issues of life.
Ok one more - last night Soeur Reichelt and I were out contacting (oh we also got the number of a professional italian opera singer WHATTT), and we met this couple from England who are living here in Carcassonne!! We talked to them for so long (this was a blessing for Soeur Reichelt, she did amazingly while we were talking); the whole time it was super iffy whether they were going to be interested in learning more or not, but at the end the wife said, "You know what, I'll give it 3 months to see if this will really make me happier." YES!!!! This family will be baptized for sure.

Thank you so much for your prayers. Know I'm really doing well and that I'm happy.

I love you so much!
Soeur Everett

No comments:

Post a Comment