Tuesday, January 21, 2014

PAU!!!! (Week 30)

I feel like I'm on exchange, it hasn't really hit me that I'm not going back to Carcassonne tomorrow... I don't really feel like Pau is home yet, but I know it will. :) IT IS GORGEOUS HERE! AND HUGE!!!! There are buses (I can't tell you how excited I am about this).

My favorite crepe stand in Carcassonne

Last sunset in Carcassonne

Mural

Carcassonne

Birds over Carc


View of the Fortress
Ok seriously where do I start! (Emails are such a stressful time haha). We had the most amazing week EVER!!! First and foremost our equipe got the most people contacted this week in the whole mission!! Whoohoo! We contacted 702 people. :) Also at church on Sunday we had 5 amis!!! I don't know what my record is, but I don't know if its more than that! I was so happy on Sunday.

Soeur Reichelt
Soeur Reichelt on bridge
She makes the best crepes ever...
So this week while we were out contacting I contacted this lady who was completely not interested - she gave me the finger wag and everything. Right afterwards I hear (in English) "Why didn't she want to talk to you?" I turn around and there's ROMAIN!!!! I was so happy to see him, it had been so long. He was definitely placed back into our path for a reason because I hadn't even thought to start teaching him again. And I think he is way more ready this time around. We went over to his house the next day and we talked about the nature of God. He is one of the most Christlike people I've ever met and he doesn't believe in Christ. He loves to make people happy and he's such a wholesome person who brings light wherever he is. Something really sparked in him as we talked about God. He's willing to find out if he's there. And HE CAME TO CHURCH and he brought his girlfriend!!
Romain et Julia
Romain playing accordian

Romain performing on street
So while we were at church I went over and said hi to him and he said "I have a present for you." We follow him out to the hall and he gives me a beret!!! (Not just any beret - its authentic basque, made in France, 100% wool, and very expensive.) I cried.

Lost on the way to a less active's house

Walking on highway to Soeur Devloos
Oh my goodness, leaving everyone was so hard... I translated for the Andersons for the last time... cute Azure and Meleani were both crying during my testimony. :'( Bishop's last words to me were "Soeur Everett I love you just like I do my daughters. I can't hug you, but the feeling is there." I MISS HIM ALREADY. He did so much for us and he really holds Carcassonne together. I don't know what they would do without him. AND FRERE VITAL. As soon as he left us from the gare me and Soeur Caldwell just started sobbing. Neither of us talked to each other for like 5 minutes, we just cried. (Our goodbye was super sad too... I miss her!) Man this is the worst part of missions is having to leave everyone. But the great thing about it too is that now I've met people that mean so much to me and I'm going to be able to see them again!!

Bishop et Soeur Martin

Frere Vital
HUGE NEWS ABOUT PHELIPES. We were there on Sunday and Anderson says "Oh, I got my papers." WHATTTTT. AND Nice has been watching her friends kids on Sundays while her friend goes to work (her friend is Muslim so the kids can't come to our church with her), so Nice hasn't been to church in ages. But on Sunday Anderson told us that SHE MOVED so now Nice can come to church!!!!! Super huge miracles!!! Baptism is soon!!!! :)

Meleani et Azure 
Okay a little something about my blue. :) Soeur Reichelt is incredible. I have never met a missionary who was more determined than her. She works SO HARD and we've seen so much come from it. She is so willing to try everything - nothing scares her, not french, not contacting, nothing! She is just always ready to work and become better. She has progressed so much as a missionary and in her french since we've been together and I know that the Lord is blessing her for her righteous desires. She gave me so much hope during our time and taught me more than I can express. We went through so much together, good and bad and we have become so close because of it! Training is such a funny thing. I barely feel like I did anything... She taught me just as much as I taught her. But I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to serve with her, she will do great things on her mission!!

I am also SOOO PUMPED to work with Soeur Bagley!!! We are going to have an amazing transfer!!!

My new companion Soeur Bagley!
I love you family!!

xoxo Soeur Everett

Mark 9:49-50 - had super cool studies on these verses this morning but I don't have time to write about it. do some research, you'll love it!!!
Soeur Segui
Colette
La famille Viellard
Frère Vanaquer!! He is so awesome!
Ann-May (bishops daughter) et Soeur Fouti-Makaya

Devloos!!



No comments:

Post a Comment