Thursday, May 21, 2015

"Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful" - Soeur Sutcliffe (Week 69)

les trois amigos
We literally say this to each other about 5 times a day (I don't even think that's an exaggerated estimate haha). She is doing wonders for my health and fitness.... I will thank her when I get home and get straight in my swimsuit to go swimming. ;)

What a strange week!!!! I guess I'll just say right off the bat that I've seen yet another priesthood blessing miracle. This week we went on an exchange with Perpignan (after we had just been on exchange with the stls - so tonsss of exchanges this week). It was so fun seeing Soeur Christensen again! And I got to do an exchange with my grand-daughter Soeur Bolanos - she is so cute. I woke up on Wednesday morning and Soeur Sutcliffe and I went on our normal run. We got back from the run and my stomach was feeling a bit strange but I went ahead with studies. During companion study my head started spinning and I asked if we could run to the grocery store and get me some bottled water. When I got home from the store I thought my head was going to explode. I couldn't even drink water. I went to one of the sisters beds and laid down. When I woke up I literally felt like I had mono again. And not just every day mono but like when I was extremely sick with mono. I wanted to cry from how much pain I was in. Obviously we stayed in the whole day and Heavenly Father blessed me with the strength to make it home to Montauban the following day and then I died again. Nurse Povar had me on strict demands to not do certain things and I was obedient... obviously I wanted to be better as well. I swallowed my pride and asked the zone leaders if they would come to Montauban and give me a blessing. I was promised quick recovery and that I would be able to do all the work I needed to do. From that day to now it feels like night and day. I feel like I'm completely healed now! I just have such a strong testimony of the power of priesthood blessings.


Toulouse
Well because I was inside for a total of 4 days there's not a whole ton to report.... (I feel like this is such a common thing that I write in emails haha ugh). BUT its been amazing that Heavenly Father has been doing all the work that we couldn't do while being inside in other ways. We have been receiving referrals like CRAZY. We got a referral from Paris missionaries, 2 referrals from Soeur Fayol, a referral of an entire family from Frère Dieutre, and a couple friends of Elodie! We've also had quite a few members approach us saying how they've given such and such a friend a Book of Mormon and they're waiting to see how things go and that they hope to introduce them to us! Its been so amazing! The work is really moving forward in Montauban right now!

The lovely Soeur Stapley
Also. While I was on exchange in Toulouse, Soeur Sutcliffe and Soeur James went and saw Linda (less active...hasn't been for awhile) and her non-member husband Jonas. I had only met Linda so this was our first contact with him. Apparently the lesson was amazing and Jonas was super engaged the whole time. They agreed to every commitment that was given to them (praying together, reading the Book of Mormon together, and coming to church on Sunday) and guess what... THEY KEPT EVERY ENGAGEMENT. The branch was soooo excited to see them there on Sunday. Huge spark. We feel really strongly that he will be baptized. (They're expecting a baby in about 6 months so now is such a good time for him to learn more.) So cool huh?


I've missed bagels and cream cheese...
I wish I had more to share but that's about it...haha. We've seen other cool little miracles but these are the main things. Next week I will hopefully have more. :)

Ladislav update. The baptism is technically on right now....but him and his family need LOTS of prayers at the moment. Especially Ladislav. He seems to be really stressed at the moment. I don't think his wife is doing very well and she should be delivering in just a couple weeks - ahh! Baby Denis!!! We're so excited. :)

Voilà quoi.

Chocolate muffin in Narbonne

So I got the conference ensign that you sent to me!! MERCI BEAUCOUP. I've been really loving it. On Sunday before going to church I read Uchtdorf's talk: "The Gift of Grace." It was the perfect thing to read right before going to take the Sacrament.

I remember having read the passage of scripture that Uchtdorf quoted about the woman who washed Christ's feet with her tears and hair and expensive oil and when Christ responded to Simons thoughts of how this woman was unworthy to be doing such things. I love this passage:

Perceiving his thoughts, Jesus turned to Simon and asked a question. “There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: … one owed five hundred pence, … the other fifty.
“And when they [both] had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?”
Simon answered that it was the one who was forgiven the most.

Outstanding in our field
Then Jesus taught a profound lesson: “Seest thou this woman? … Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.”
Which of these two people are we most like?
Are we like Simon? Are we confident and comfortable in our good deeds, trusting in our own righteousness? Are we perhaps a little impatient with those who are not living up to our standards? Are we on autopilot, going through the motions, attending our meetings, yawning through Gospel Doctrine class, and perhaps checking our cell phones during sacrament service?
Or are we like this woman, who thought she was completely and hopelessly lost because of sin?
Do we love much?
Selfie in Toulouse
Do we understand our indebtedness to Heavenly Father and plead with all our souls for the grace of God?
When we kneel to pray, is it to replay the greatest hits of our own righteousness, or is it to confess our faults, plead for God’s mercy, and shed tears of gratitude for the amazing plan of redemption?
Salvation cannot be bought with the currency of obedience; it is purchased by the blood of the Son of God.

I love this! Do we really remember constantly how much Christ and Heavenly Father have truly done for us? Do we love much?

Have an amazing week! Pray for us to find success these last 3 weeks!

Bisous
Soeur Ev

We're so french
A stroll in the French countryside
First sunburn of the season

No comments:

Post a Comment