Monday, May 18, 2015

"Who even are you? Incredible hulk?" - Soeur Sutcliffe (Week 68)

Coucou ma famille! It was wonderful to be on Skype together, especially seeing how well Will is doing and how happy he seems. I love you so much!

Dad commented on this but I thought it was super funny as well. I loved the reaction Will had on his face when I said that we had dropped pretty much all of our amis this week because we didn't think they were progressing. His face was like "how could anyone willfully stop seeing someone who was willing to invite you in and let you teach them???" hahaha. You'll see Elder Everett. ;)

my gorgeous new zealand hippie companion
It was a tad bit of an exaggeration when we said we dropped all of our amis. We still have a few good ones! Namely the Slepcik family.

So during the week we stopped by to see how they were doing (usually we fix a rdv through our member who is friends with them) and Ladislav told us that his wife had just spent a day and a night in the hospital and that she had just gotten back about 20 minutes prior. He didn't tell us any details and neither did the member so I assume all of the problems going on are really private but I'm sure that they are also super important. On Sunday Ladislav didn't show up to church so Fr. Van Tonder left and went to see if everything was ok. He got back and told us that things were not going well and that he thought the baptism was too much amidst all of these problems. I spoke with Fr. Van Tonder about how I felt that tempation and trials would arise no matter what date he fixed but that obviously it was up to him and that we would pray for him.

Outstanding in my field
This morning Fr. Van Tonder called and told us that he had went to visit Ladislav that morning and that he had said that he was praying and speaking with God about his date and that he felt that he should stick to the original date and keep pressing forward! But he asked for lots and lots of prayers because times are really hard. Please pray for him and their family. And that his wife's pregancy will be ok.

This week we spent more time than usual with Elodie and we had so much fun together!!!! Soeur Sutcliffe is wonderful at making people feel at ease and our relationship with Elodie has grown so much since she has been here! We went to a Chinese buffet and both me and Soeur Sutcliffe at the end thought we were going to explode.... it was yummy but we ate WAY too much. (The morning after was the day I ran 30 minutes straight for exercise hahaha.) Elodie is doing WONDERFULLY. She has progressed so much since I've met her and her family has noticed as well! Its wonderful what the gospel and especially the Atonement can do for people.

Soeur Sutcliffe and I

So the other night we were contacting and met this really cool guy named Thimoté! We had a lesson with him right away and he took the Book of Mormon! He told us that as he was leaving work he prayed to be led where to go and that he usually didn't walk that way and then he met us! Cool huh? We're meeting with him Friday. :) Anyway as we were walking back from meeting him Soeur Sutcliffe sees these huge islander-looking men walk into a restaurant by our house. We decided we'd better eat there so we could meet them haha. We talked for a couple minutes (Soeur Sutcliffe sparked them so good) and then we ate our meal together!!! It was so cool! We literally were in this nice restaurant and then asked to eat with random people. So fun.

Sorry my email is going to be super short this week. Read this wonderful talk. There's especially one quote that I love and quote super frequently which I'll paste in my email as well. :)

"Isn’t it true that we often get so busy? And, sad to say, we even wear our busyness as a badge of honor, as though being busy, by itself, was an accomplishment or sign of a superior life.

Is it?

I think of our Lord and Exemplar, Jesus Christ, and His short life among the people of Galilee and Jerusalem. I have tried to imagine Him bustling between meetings or multitasking to get a list of urgent things accomplished.

I can’t see it.

Instead I see the compassionate and caring Son of God purposefully living each day. When He interacted with those around Him, they felt important and loved. He knew the infinite value of the people He met. He blessed them, ministered to them. He lifted them up, healed them. He gave them the precious gift of His time."
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/10/of-regrets-and-resolutions?lang=eng

I love you!
Soeur Everett

No comments:

Post a Comment